Perhaps you have noticed the little icon on my sidebar that showcases the blog of the day. It is related to a great little community of bloggers called Entrecard. I have made some great friends through this group. Unfortunately, at this moment, one of them is an endodontist from Canada who decided to pull me into the fray between himself and Canucklehead, another blogger from Canada. (Too many knocks in the head from stray hockey pucks, I'm guessing.) They will be the recipients of my years of experience in the revenge method of parenting!
Bottom line, to you my readers, I have been asked to participate in something called a meme. When I get this crud in emails, I generally delete them. Unless, of course, it is sent from my mother. Then I answer it as sarcastically, using as much gutter talk as is possible. She is delighted, thinking her daughter has sent another loving note from the heart.
The rules of this garbage are as follows:
- Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
- At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to read your blog.
8 Random Facts About Me
1. I believe I am responsible for the collapse of the Skyway Bridge on May 9, 1980.
Allow me to explain: The year before I survived a flood on May 8th. (mentioned in my blog yesterday.) I held my first annual flood party on May 8 1980. Amongst the silly activities, we held a rain dance. It worked, Summit Venture hit the Skyway, I stopped rain dancing for the rest of my life.
2. My favorite film is Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times. This is my favorite scene from the film:
3. I love to read so much that my husband will hide books before a party, so that I don't sneak them in and hide in a corner during the party to finish just one more chapter.
4. I once stood actually speechless in an elevator because I was the only person in it with Stevie Nicks. I couldn't think of anything to say, not even hello.
5. I haven't eaten meat since the 70's based on a twenty dollar bet. When B. Fussell pays up, I will eat meat again.
6. I once held the title of Miss Coppertone.
No, I am not the kid with her bottom exposed by a dog.
7. I hate shopping so much that when I married, I registered at only one store much to the chagrin of my new in-laws. The store was Home Depot.
8. I had an attack rooster as a pet when I was growing up. He wouldn't let anyone in the back yard except me or unless they were accompanied by me (or Mom).
According to the rules, I am supposed to tag 8 people. Sorry folks, I won't play there. Call me a party pooper, I don't send emails that promise big bucks from Bill Gates either. I will tell you, I list blogs that I like, as I view them and I will continue to do so. Furthermore, I have been invited to join in on a blog party that includes some pretty cool gifts. For more information on that, visit: